Alive with History

 

The region, which is now known as Bath, wasn’t officially owned by the government until the Treaty of Fort Industry in 1805.  The first permanent settlers, Jonathan Hale and Jason Hammond came five years later, and eight years after that, in 1818, the township was officially organized. Learn more from the Bath Historical Society or read about the history of Bath Township.

Read about the historic of hamlets Bath at these linked pages.

Hammond's Corners                                         Bath Center                                                  Ghent                 


Historic photographs of Bath are gathered in this gallery, and more are at the Bath Historical Society Flickr Page.

Whitcraft's Store2
Whitcraft Store Interior
Ira Hershey Barn Raising
Jagger Wagon Shop
Hammonds Corners 1955 (1)
Wye Rd North
Hopkins 1935 (1)
Hellers Feed Mill
Ghent Church
Ghent 1934 (1)
Cabinet Shop in Ghent
Town Hall Moved South on Cleve-Mass Rd
School Interior
Manton's Farm
Interior with Wooden Floor during Grange Fair 1910
Bath Town Hall 1940
Bath Twp School 1923
BHS Temple on the Hill 1900
Grange Members 1908
Interior with Saw Dust Floor During Grange Meeting 1908
Bath Kiddie Bus
Bath Center 1955

© 2023 by TOKYO DESIGN. All rights reserved.

Hopkins 1935 (1)